Tuesday 28 January 2014

A fun-filled getaway at Sun Peaks Resort

If you'd ask me a month ago how comfortable I would be with skiing, I would tell you "not at all". However, if you asked me how comfortable I would feel skiing with Canadian sweetheart and Olympic Skiing Champion (and Sentor) Nancy Greene, I would assume you may have fallen and hit your head, for asking such a ridiculous question.

But for one week at Sun Peaks, here in BC (just outside Kamloops) that's exactly what I did. And loved every minute of it - especially my time with Nancy Greene. She is the kind of woman who puts you at ease from the moment you meet her, and is so easy to learn from. It's hard not to be intimidated by such an amazing skiier, but she isn't the kind of person who boasts about herself, but rather someone who cares more about improving your skiing ability.

By the end of our time at Sun Peaks, the whole family was able to ski down the mountain with her with relative ease.

I'm writing some articles for the newspaper on our time in Sun Peaks because it wasn't just the skiing that we fell in love with, but also the other incredible winter activities that the resort has to offer. From snowshoeing, to dog-sledding to tubing to the horse-drawn sleigh ride - the resort has it all, including the best powder I've ever seen.

Life at Sun Peaks goes a bit slower, everyone is a bit friendlier and most importantly, everyone is a bit happier here too. Maybe it's the good snow, maybe its the people, or maybe its just the fact that everyone is enjoying the outdoor life here; whatever it is, I'm converted. So now when people ask me how comfortable I am with skiing, I can reply "getting better with each day". And I can't wait to go back! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment